Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mark 3:1-6, Part II

Verse 6: "Then the Pharisees went out and began to plot with the Herodians how they might kill Jesus."

What do the Pharisees and Herodians have in common? Nothing - except a strong desire to get rid of Jesus. Modern Orthodox Jews are shocked to see these two circles running in the same league. Why does healing a man on the Sabbath bring such animosity?

But then I ponder how Jesus does not always work within my framework or timing. Do I get mad at G-D for that? Granted, I do not ever want to kill Jesus, but with every sin that I commit yesterday, today, and tomorrow, I in a way have killed Him. Think about times in your own life that G-D has moved you out of your comfort zone or out of your "structures"/boxes that you have created for Him. G-D despises your box and mine. As we learn in this story, Jesus gets angry and distressed at stubborn hearts.

What does your heart look like?

No comments: