Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mark 1:35-39

Jesus gets up early - before dawn - after staying up late into the night with people.

Do I have that kind of drive? I know there are people who can function on only several hours of sleep, but I am one of those who likes my 7-8 hours. But even with that amount of sleep, am I getting up to meet with G-? Am I driven so much by His love that I can't wait to spend time with Him?

I must confess that I do not always do that. I am unfortunately driven more by guilt (which in this case is better than not being driven at all) than I am by love and a desire to simply be with G-D. Jesus did not miss that. His relationship with the Father was close.

To which we say, "Duh, Geoff. He's G-D." Yes, and G-D desires that same oneness with Him for all of us.

And after His prayer, He leaves the crowds and continues to go to synagogues and drive out demons. Busy guy.

No comments: