Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mark: An Introduction

Jeff Sproles and I are taking up a new project. We will memorize the book of Mark this year. Some of you may be asking, "Is that all?" While others say, "Why?" The first question is easy to answer - "Yes, that is all." The second, however, requires a little bit more of an explanation.

Jeff is on fire for Jesus right now, and it's contagious. Apparently, the book of Philippians wasn't enough for him - he's whizzing through that and needs more.

I had committed to memorize the four Gospel narratives by age 27 when I was 21 to a group of 87 students and faculty at Focus on the Family Institute. Well, I'm 28, and I only have one memorized.... And so, I'm picking it back up.

Along the way, I hope to share with you some insights I glean from my memorization as well as things I've picked up from my travels and studies.

And so, without further adieu, the book of Mark.

No comments: