Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mark 4:33-34

So why does Jesus speak to people in parables? It's to help them understand His teaching. He spoke in agrarian terms to an agrarian society in order that they may hear and obey.

And He gave as much as people could understand.

That phrase bothers me a little, not because I question Jesus' teaching or judgment, but because I wonder how similar I am to the crowds. How much do I not receive from G-D because I do not understand or take the time to listen and obey. Do I "limit" G-D by my lack of faith, knowledge, or passion?

"Whoever has will be given more. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him" 4:25.

I want to be the former - one who has and wants MORE!!!

That does not mean life will be smooth sailing, however. We see what happens to the disciples right after this while they are on the sea....

No comments: